Core Secrets of the Confident Woman Who Shine
October 20, 2014 |
Usually, what differentiates between people who have what they want and those who are still waiting to break out boils down to one thing -confidence.
Confidence gives people the attitude that they need to grab life by the reigns and run with it. The belief that you can do something – be it run a marathon or succeed in a business venture – fuel’s your ability to go that extra mile to achieve your goal.
People often underestimate the power of the mind and the impact one’s thoughts and attitude have on reality. Having confidence in yourself and your abilities gives you the feeling that anything is possible. Keep in mind that your thoughts create emotions, which in turn create actions. In the end, our actions determine the life that we will lead.
Individuals who are able to control their thoughts have an “I can” attitude, which is where the conviction to follow through on what is required comes from.
If you are someone who wants to be able to create their own opportunities and get more out of life, below are the 6 core habits that confident people. Think about them and see how you can apply it to your own life:
1. Focus on Your Strengths – People with high levels of confidence are aware of their assets as well as strongest traits. This knowledge is what they use to their advantage to get ahead.By knowing what specific talents you have, you can train your mind to think about the things that you CAN do rather than dwell on your flaws and what is lacking from your skill-set.
2. Be Positive – Nothing kills confidence like negativity. Don’t forget to appreciate what you already have instead of constantly eyeing what you haven’t attained. The right frame of mind, coupled with gratitude and optimism, will allow you to feel appreciative of what you’ve already achieved and continue on with a positive attitude. Consistent positive affirmations are great for teaching your mind to ditch counter-productive thoughts that will make you feel like a winner.
3. Stay True to Who You Are – Confident people have integrity; Know your values, what you stand for and stick to them. It is a fine line that runs between confidence and arrogance. Be open to the ideas and opinion of others in addition to Both in the home and at work know what’s truly important and how decisions will affect not only yourself but others as well. Confident people realize that life isn’t all about winning. Always remember, confidence can get you far but a bad reputation can also set you back.
4. Have a Routine – Practice makes perfect and rituals build confidence. Some of the world’s most notable celebrities, athletes, politicians and performers have their own pre-event quirks that help them “get in the zone” to produce their best work. Repetitive behavior and goodluck tasks help strengthen one’s confidence in their abilities in moments when they are most uncertain.
5. Think About The Solution – Too often people and groups struggle to move past challenges because they focus on the issue at hand and not on the bigger picture. once you identify a problem, take it constructively. Set aside complaints for after a solution has been found. For example, if you are unhappy with as aspect of your physical appearance, rather than complain, blame others or yourself, change your focus on think about what you can do to change the reality.
6. Take Responsibility – Confidence shouldn’t only be shown when times are good. Be confident in the fact that you can right wrongs. Truly successful people are own up to their mistakes. This will not only train you to rise over adversity but also showyou that should you stumble, you have it in you to pick yourself up and learn from what happened.
At the end of the day, it’s important that you recognize that confidence is a state of mind. By becoming self-assured — within reason, of course — and utilizing a positive perspective, you can begin to learn these habits and put your life into overdrive.